Fire and Safety Signs Supply
Shires Fire & Safety supply a complete range of fire and safety signs and notices designed to identify, locate and advise the safe action to be taken in the event of fire. Signs are manufactured from self adhesive heavy duty vinyl, rigid PVC, clear vinyl, self adhesive polyester and we also provide illuminated light box signs.
Our extensive range includes specialist tactile and Braille signs to conform to the Disability Discrimination Act. All signs conform to the relevant British Standard or EU Directives.
NEW: Photoluminescent safety signs
Photoluminescent safety signs are a cost effective solution to providing illuminated signs in the event of power failure. Shires Fire Technicians will demonstrate the use of these signs and will advise on the most appropriate signage as part of the fire survey to comply with the Health and Safety (Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996.
The Regulations state:
- Employers must use safety signs wherever there is a risk to health and safety
- Safety signs must be of a specified type
- All signs must contain a pictogram; text only signs are no longer acceptable
- Signs must be maintained and adequately lit
- Employers must ensure that signs are understood by employees
- All signage must comply with BS EN ISO 7010 standards (effective from January 2013 in the UK)
Contact UsShires Fire & Safety Ltd
Unit 4, Queensway Link Industrial Park
Stafford Park 17
Tel: 0800 542 3267